As the human services profession has grown and developed over the past 30 years, the National Organization for Human Services has always been there. Starting as an organization exclusively for human service educators, our membership — and our mission — now encompasses educators, students, and practitioners.
Individuals and communities transformed through human services.
Strengthen the community of human services by:
- Expanding professional development opportunities.
- Promoting professional and organizational identity through certification.
- Enhancing internal and external communications.
- Advocating and implementing a social policy and agenda.
- Nurturing the financial sustainability and growth of the organization.
Our Values/Guiding Principles
We believe in:
- The capacity of human growth and change.
- Advocating for social justice.
- Recognizing and utilizing peoples’ strengths and abilities.
- Supporting physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health.
- Promoting collaboration and accountability.
- Including all members of the human services community.
About Human Services
The field of Human Services is broadly defined, uniquely approaching the objective of meeting human needs through an interdisciplinary knowledge base, focusing on prevention as well as remediation of problems, and maintaining a commitment to improving the overall quality of life of service populations. The Human Services profession is one which promotes improved service delivery systems by addressing not only the quality of direct services, but also by seeking to improve accessibility, accountability, and coordination among professionals and agencies in service delivery.
Consider Joining Us and Enjoy Membership Benefits
- Multiple Publications
- Multiple Conferences.
- Eligibility to apply for member-only scholarships and grants.
- A National Network of Professionals
- Opportunity to get Involved in developing the Human Service Profession
Membership Rates (annual)
- Student – $35
- Educator/Faculty – $95
- Practitioner – $95
- Associate – $95
- Retired – $60